Status offenses are a second classification of youthful offender also known as wayward minors. A status offender is a child subject to state authority by reason of having committed an act forbidden to youth and illegal solely because the child is underage (e.g. underage drinking, underage smoking, truancy, running away, being disobedient, etc.)The literature supports females finding themselves in the juvenile justice system as a result of a status offense.
• Research an instance of a female involved with a status offense.
• Summarize the offense committed.
• Analysis of the case outcome and/or solutions you would incorporate to reduce status offenses.
• Submit a Word document in APA format.
• Maximum three pages in length, excluding the Title and Reference pages.
• At least two resources.
Overview: Status offenses are a second classification of youthful offender also